Re-Establishing a Chapter
- Discuss the value of having a chapter on your campus.
- Encourage chapters to support their members who qualify for membership.
- Junior or senior standing
- 3.5 cumulative grade point average or minimum one semester of 3.5 during junior or senior year (a higher GPA may be set)
- Contact Registrar’s Office to provide the list and contact those who qualify with a “nomination” e-mail or have students “apply” and include verification of grade eligibility (they can submit transcript to you or grant you permission to check grade status). Membership is NOT exclusive, all who qualify should be accepted.
Prepare a membership information sheet.
- Make arrangements for refreshments, if desired.
- Include basic information about the organization.
- Gamma Sigma Alpha does not need grade verification, but grades MUST be verified in some way on campus.
- $35 goes to GSA headquarters, so decide how much the chapter will want in addition to that, most campuses charge $40 without cords, $50 if they are utilizing cords. This would allow $5 of membership fees to stay in your office to assist with administrative costs, support academic programs, etc. (use your own discretion).
- A copy of the ritual will be included in your initiation materials shipment
Ritual items can be ordered through the web site if desired
- If all students are not able to attend initiation, make pins/cords/certificates available to pick-up at a central location on campus.
- Send any pictures taken to Gamma Sigma Alpha.
Online Process Initiation
We are excited to welcome your Chapter’s new initiates to Gamma Sigma Alpha.
This form must be completed for both credit card and check payments. Please note orders will not be processed until payment is received.
**All Fraternity/Sorority members listed on an initiation roster must be in good standing with his/her chapter, has fulfilled the academic eligibility requirement of Gamma Sigma Alpha (3.5 cumulative GPA or higher out of 4.0 as a junior 160 or more units) or 3.5 or higher out of 4.0 in any junior or senior semester), and has submitted the $35 per inductee national membership fee.